Monday 9 February 2015

Legal and Ethical Implications of Max Is Lost


When creating an original anime series, the creator will need to be aware of copyright and what they are putting out on the Internet. This means that anything that they get from the Internet, they will need to get permission from the person who posted the object. The use of copy right is to make sure that when a person puts something on the Internet that no other person is allowed to use that and be able to get money using it. This is why companies such as Nike, Adidas, KFC etc have copyright on their logos so that no one else can copy them. There is however an exception to using copyright, which is that logos and other peoples pictures can be used if it is for educational purposes.
The next section that needs to be considered when making an original series is to think about the target audience and what is suitable for that age range. For example, it wouldn't be suitable for a young child to watch or play a game which has an age rating for an 18 year old, simply because it may contain sexual, violent and drug references which can affect them later in life. This is why when there are things in a clip that may be offensive to others, there is always a rating system to tell people what will be included. I believe that since the animation that I am going to create is mainly aimed for a younger audience that the age range will be for children aged 3+ to understand. I chose this age rating because there is no violence or content that will disturbing for them.
In order to get to where I currently am with the design for the animation, I took inspiration from many similar animations. Since my main character, Max is a mouse, I thought that the best example for me to use would be Jerry from the cartoon Tom & Jerry as you an see from the picture on the left. As I began drawing Jerry, I began to realise that there are different examples that I could use as a design. This includes Danger Mouse, Ratatouille and the movie Flushed Away. Using a combination of inspiration from Tom & Jerry and Flushed Away, I was finally able to choose the final design of my main character. The picture is an example of the storyboard which I have drawn to show all of the camera angles and explaining what is happening in each scene. To show this, I needed to draw camera movements arrows and normal movement arrows so that the animator knows what is going to happen in the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment